225 Elm Street is located within the Elm Street & Round Hill Historic District, Northampton, Massachusetts. It was built in 1907 by the Northampton real estate developer Elbridge Southwick and his wife, Mary Brewster Southwick. In 1910 they lived there with their son, Robert who was 41, Mary’s widowed sister, Martha Brewster Boland, and two single, Irish women, Annie Lucie and Mary Lyons.
Chain of ownership:
1906: Elbridge & Mary Southwick purchased lot with prior house.
1907: House construction.
1917: Wirt & Mable Goodwin.
1926: Dr. George J. & Nan Boucher resident until 1933.
1929: Walter Stevens & Jesse A. J. Andre attorneys, financial receivership.
1933 to 1938: Vacant.
1938: Purchased by Victor F. & Irene F. Sears DePaola for $4,000.
2004: Inherited by Louise DePaola Jeffway.